Friday, March 11, 2011

Blog Hop with Crazy for Books

Welcome Blog Hoppers!  I am joining the Crazy for Books blog hop for the first time today, and I am looking forward to reading your various entries.  This week's question is: "If I gave you $80 and sent you into a bookshop right now, what would be in your basket when you finally staggered to the till?"

Book Blogger Hop

I love this scenario!  I could spend hours in a bookstore, and I usually walk out with much less than I wish I could buy.  Used bookstores are particularly dangerous because I can never resist the good deals.  But if I had the money to spend, I would buy nicer editions than I currently have.  I would probably get a hardback copy of some of my favorite books, like Crime and Punishment.  But the books that are currently on my "to-read" list include: Frankenstein by Mary Shelley, Brideshead Revisited by Evelyn Waugh, Don Quixote by Cervantes, Sons and Lovers by D.H. Lawrence, and The Sailor Who Fell from Grace with the Sea by Mishima.

Because I like blogging to be interactive, I'll take this opportunity to get your opinion.  Which of these do you think I should read next?  Or if not one of these, do you have another suggestion for me?  If this is your first time on my blog, you can check out some of my past posts to get a taste of the kind of literature I enjoy.  Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

A Journey in Reading said...

Welcome to the hop! Of those about listed.... Crime & Punishment definitely! I'd love to have that one in hard cover myself....... also a hardcover of Les Mis!

IngridLola said...

I think you should read Sons and Lovers next. I haven't read it but what I've read of DH Lawrence I've liked and I'm always interested to see what other people think of him. :)

Anonymous said...

hopping by. I think I would read Frankenstein next. I liked it the best.

the Crow himself said...

The only book on your list that I have read is Frankenstein. It's definitely worth the time. Brideshead is in my sights, though, so if you decide on that, I would be excited to read your thoughts.

Julie Goucher said...

Dropping by via the blog hop! I would go for Sons and Lovers by D H Lawrence next.

Laura @ I'm Booking It said...

Hopping by!

I like the idea of using an unexpected book budget windfall to buy nicer editions of favorite books.

Good luck with whatever you decide to read next. Enjoy your reading!

Jen said...

Hopping by to say hi! Interesting that you chose classics --- gives me some ideas of books I'd like to re-read. :)

Amy said...

Thanks for the feedback, everyone! It sounds like the votes are in for Sons and Lovers followed by Frankenstein. I'm plowing through Moby Dick right now, so I'll keep you posted when I start the next one!